Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Planting a Garden

I wanted to write down a few things I thought about this morning as I was studying scriptures and planting my garden.
First – it is essential to plant a garden every morning. It is what I will sow. This morning I planted seeds of success and multiple sales. As I was studying scriptures I saw the when Christ appeared unto the Nephites they were filled with desire. Desire. That is huge. Once I am filled with desire, nothing can get in my way of success.
On a related note, I was thinking about yesterday, and how Mr. Salzman offered me a root beer. I had chatted with him and his wife the day before, and then yesterday they invited me in for a drink and break from the beating sun. They were extraordinarily sweet and gracious. He made a comment about how he liked my caliber and that’s why he was being so accommodating. I thought about that a lot as I went through the rest of the day, and part of this morning. I don’t think I’ve ever had a hard time getting people to like me – and it’s a gift.
In this job so far I’ve been able to get advice from Zig Ziggler’s former business partner, show a retired residential developer the benefits of a security system, and get Mr. Salzman and his wife to like me enough to invite me into their home.
I attribute much of my success to my dad and his practical counsel, and Heavenly Father for his unfailing confidence and support – directly and indirectly.

To bring it full circle, I see daily the tangible fruit of planting positive thought seeds in one’s mental garden. “As a man thinketh, so is he”

No comments:

Post a Comment