Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I love bad days.

Today started out with my crying in front of my assistant manager, feeling tangible discouragement, and feeling so sick that I almost considered not getting out of the car.

BUT

I would never own up to that in front of my co-workers. I consoled myself with the fact that if I needed to, I could go cry in the back yard of an abandoned house. After a while I realized that everyday that starts out horrible, has to end up good. AND IT DOES!

I made the first sale of the day for our office and then I used the rest of the day trying to get a second account. I was super close to closing one at the very end of the day, but it was a younger couple, and they just couldn't commit to paying something monthly. I think even my manager would have had a hard time closing them, which gives me comfort.

Over all I'm doing better than my managers expected. Doing one a day consistently is good, but I hope to be doing much better soon. I know that mid summer I'll be rocking the charts....
The other day Jan, our office manager, made a side comment about how I was climbing the charts. It was SOOO rewarding to hear her say that. Genuine, positive encouragement from your superiors is like endorphins to the brain. And considering this job is largely mental, it feels SOOOOO good.

Every bad day ends up good. Good days end up great. It's wonderful how you can be doing well, and still improve. I'm ready for another one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment