Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Sauce Pudding Cake

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, nor do I particularly enjoy chocolate, but every now and then a dessert comes along that I fall in love with. Crème brûlée with raspberries is one of them, and this Chocolate Fudge Sauce Pudding Cake is another. A co-worker made this for me and my apartment when I was working in Florida. He made it in individual ramekins and it is such a rich cake I could hardly finish that. It's amazingly dense, so literally five bites with ice-cream is enough for one person.

Pictures and words don't do this dessert justice. I recommend you make it, or have someone else make it, and then just enjoy the chocolaty goodness that will make your mouth fall in love with your fudge covered fork even more.

mix:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa

stir in:
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Spread in 9" square pan.

mix and sprinkle on top:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa

pour over:
1-3/4 cups boiling water

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment