Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's been a while.

Since I last wrote I've been to New York and have been helping a friend of mine clean, paint, and remodel her new house while simultaneously packing her old house and watching her two adorable boys! Staying busy has been such a phenomenal blessing.

I'm excited to start shopping for my mission. As it's getting closer to departure time I find myself more thrilled that I made the decision to go. The amount of encouragement has been a huge support and comfort. Just telling people what I'm doing and their positive response has helped me stay focused and practice missionary skills. Soon, I'll be able to do it in Spanish!

As for New York :) I went with Christina and her Aussie friend Natalie. We stayed in Jessica's former roommate's apartment. The girl was actually in DC for the weekend, so we had her room to ourselves. The trip included many highlights such as Phantom of the Opera, bartering in behalf of Natalie, seeing Time's Square, Fashion Row, getting the smile discount on a hilarious caricature, and having quality time with my cousin.


Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, it's almost time!!! I can't believe you have like 5 weeks left! But I'm glad you are having fun while you're in VA... and in NY! You'll have to tell me all about it soon! By the way, that dessert sounds incredible, I'm so going to try it! Thanks! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete